Friday, June 3, 2011

Eva's Eye Surgery


Take therefore no thought for the morrow: for the morrow shall take thought for the things of itself. Sufficient unto the day [is] the evil thereof. Matthew 6:34
Eva's eye surgery is this Monday at 7:15am. I haven't spent any time worrying about it, its something thats been on the books for months... I'm not officially worried yet but my heart is starting to crumble a little bit. I got this email from Michael with the information from Children's Hospital. 

Arrive at "Surgery Center" @ 7:15am
On Sunday Eva can eat anything until midnight.
After Midnight, until 5:15 am the next day, she is only allowed water,
apple juice, or Gatorade.
After 5:15am (Monday) no fluids whatsoever.
Eva can wear her own clothes into the operation if she's wearing
two-piece clothing.
(shirt/pants) No snaps or zippers allowed.
She is allowed a favorite toy or stuffed animal which she can have with her.
I was fine until I imagined my sweet baby girl going back for surgery clutching to her yellow banket she has had since birth, which she recently named bullseye after the horse from toy story 3. We have no family history of adverse reactions to anestesia. Well, no one has died from it, though it causes me to vomit and vomit and vomit. =/ I am praying that she does well and I trust that she will.

If you're wondering why or what surgery she's having, its for a closed tear duct that never opened. Most children have the surgery before their first birthday but I wasn't able to bring myself to put her under anestesia that young. They will flush out her tear duct with saline solution and then put a tub in to facilitate drainage. In a month or two the doctor will pull the tube out in his office.

Please pray for her to have peace through this. She is my most anxious child and I want her to feel loved and supported. Please pray that she has no adverse reactions to the anestesia and that the tube system works on the first try. Please also pray for me, that I would be able to peacefully meet her needs as well as the rest of my family without allowing fear or worry to stress me out. Thank you friends!
But without faith [it is] impossible to please [him]: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and [that] he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him. Hebrews 11:6

2 comments:

  1. It is my pleasure to pray for Eva; she has been quite the prayer warrior for John and I! Pray for peace for you too. It will be worth it in the end honey. Love to you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks guys! I will let her know you're praying.

    ReplyDelete