Tuesday, June 7, 2011

War: a rant.

Yesterday morning and I michael and I were sitting in the waiting room for Eva to come out of surgery. The Today Show was playing low in the background as anxious waiting parents distractedly watched the happy faces blabbering on the screen. Then, a break from the glib for a news update, "blah, blah, blah, five men killed in Iraq this morning in a rocket attack, blah, blah, blah. Lets go grill some bacon wrapped pork tenderloin!" At the first sound of this report I jump out of my seat and over to the tv so I can hear it, "What did she say?" I ask the grandpa sitting next to me. "Five died." Now my thoughts about how Eva is doing turn rapidly to is Matt ok?? Holy crap is Matt ok. We google where the attacks happened. How close is that to Matt? Was his route near that base...? 


Those poor men and their families. My heart breaks for them. They have died for nationalism, for money, for men who sit in high places and command them about based on their own selfish desires. Let me be clear, these men in Iraq are not fighting for our freedom. Many believe that any soldier who dies inherently dies for freedom, for our precious freedom. No, I don't think so. I wasn't attacked by Iraq, the United States wasn't attacked by Iraq. There is money to made in there. Not just oil, lets remember how much money contractors make and the arms that must be produced and sold. Someone is making big money off of this.


But thats not romantic is it? Its not politically correct to say that someone you love died for money, in fact it seems down right heartless. The only heartless act is done by the man who commands these troops, it is done by the men who reap the cash and political power. 


The Christian Church wants people to believe that fighting in our military is honorable, that these brave young men and women are fighting for you and me. War is romantic, war is honorable, war is good, God bless America!


Who was the first one to start a war...? Satan, as he rebelled against God in heaven. Death is a painful consequence of sin. God does not rejoice in the destruction of the wicked. Not in the least. He is just, He desires to see us working in love as the body of Christ. God is not up in heaven saying, "go get 'em boys!" as a convoy rolls out in Iraq. What is God's desire? It's that all men would come to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ! Not that every anti-American muslim gets a bullet in head! Wake up Church. War is death, war is filthy and war is evil. God save us!


I hope that every anti-American muslim hears the gospel, repents and joins me one day at the banquet table with my Lord. 

1 comment:

  1. Let me say also that these men and women ARE brave, and they need our support, our prayers, our funding. Lets just kid ourselves as a nation and pretend that the things going on right now in our military are honorable.

    ReplyDelete