Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Summer Kitchen Bucket List

Some days, oh, some days are hard. Today was one of them. All I want to do is get in my kitchen, have it clean and make some fun foods. Creative food experiments.
The last thing I made for fun was some mozzarella and ricotta cheese a few weeks ago with my brother in law. Everything since then has been boring and necessary. I created dinner smoothies last night, but still not fun enough.

Here's the list of food things I hope to test out over the next month or two... If you try any, please let me know how it goes.

1. No knead bread. (http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx)
2. Water kefir with fruit juice. (http://www.culturesforhealth.com/blog/2011/06/01/making-kefir-with-fruit-juice/)
3. Kefir cheese and probiotic potato salad. (http://gnowfglins.com/2009/07/29/probiotic-potato-salad/#)
4. Raw butter. I actually have this one started. The raw, un-homogenized milk from Family Cow is in a gallon tea jug with a spout at the bottom. I got the idea from Kristen at Food Renegade. Once the milk and cream separate we will pour the milk into a bottle, save the cream, then make butter in the blender with some salt. NOM!!
5. Sprouted spelt blueberry muffins. I plain old love blueberry muffins and sprouted spelt is my fav flour of the moment.

From my clearance, mostly dead bush.
Not looking so dead now, eh!?
Hopefully I'll find the time for these things. For now I'm just hoping to get the sheets in the dryer before bedtime between attending to needy children. Here are some lovely roses that I picked from my freshly planted bush the other day, because what is a blog post with out a photo? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment