Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Lavender Infused Lemonade




What's more refreshing in a heat wave than a cold glass of sparkling lemonade? My dad and I made a healthy lavender lemonade for Buster's second birthday and everyone really enjoyed it. I think you will too. :)

Ingredients:
Four lemons
Several sprigs of fresh lavender
One, 750 ml bottle of San Pelligrino sparkling water
1/4 cup raw honey

My dad juiced the lemons while I gently warmed the lavender stems and flowers in about a 1/4 cup of water to bring out their essential oils. 
Didn't use the lavender oil, but you could.
Once they were warmed we added the raw honey to blend into the pot, using very low heat so as not to damage the enzymes of the raw honey. Then we simply added ice to a pretty glass pitcher, mixed the lemon juice and honey mixture together. Poured the juice over the ice and added the San Pelligrino and mixed it all together! It couldn't have been easier!





No comments:

Post a Comment