Monday, July 23, 2012

They All Matter to Him

Do the innocent children and families killed in the shooting in Colorado matter more than the innocent children and families that have been killed by predator drones in the middle east? Is the life of an American child more valuable than a dark skinned one in a far away land?

I am not insensitive to the pain and suffering of the families in my own nation, to the contrary, I have been praying for them since I first read the news.

The truth is that the senseless killing of innocent children and adults is horrifying and painful to my very core. Our nation is moved with grief for the families involved at the Batman shooting as they ought to be... What I don't understand is why we don't care about the children and families being slaughtered overseas routinely by President Obama. We need to care, we need to be outraged! Anytime a child is killed by a US operated predator drone we need to be angry about that too! How can I be proud to be an American when my nation is responsible for such evil? What separates a criminal from a political leader? What makes one man a hero and another a villan? 

Not one is unimportant to God, not one child suffers that His ears don't hear, not one child falls that His heart doesn't break for.

I want the American church's heart to break for this too. I want to see the church moved with compassion for the suffering of others at the hands of our own government. Evil is evil, even when "the greatest nation in the world" is doing it.



168 children killed in drone strikes in Pakistan since start of campaign


US drone war kills up to 168 children in Pakistan: report

We are sleepwalking into the Drone Age, unaware of the consequences




No comments:

Post a Comment