Wednesday, September 26, 2012

I'm not an athlete

The seasons are changing. Its a period of time that I love but can also bring introspection and feelings of sadness. I saw a clip on facebook that said, "the leaves and my serotonin levels are falling." This is true for me today! I've been playing some verses in my head the last few days...


I am not an athlete. I was an athlete when I got pregnant with Goosey but...

Now I am fat.

I am overwhelmed.

I love my house and my children but I am unable to keep up with either of them.

I haven't been making many of my own herbal remedies or soaps, my kitchen could easily be condemned; I am failing at the life I try so hard to live with integrity.

They might seem innocuous but when played over and over in the mind they have great power.

I was thinking these things today and selfishly lamenting when I remembered that I am not any of those things. I am not an athlete, I am not a failure. I am not a success. My identity is not rooted in what I do, have done, can buy, or totally kick butt at. My identity is tucked safely into Jesus Christ. I may feel all of those things, maybe you feel them too sometimes, but we are not identified by any of it. I am a child of God. I am a new creation, I am a work in progress, I am a beloved daughter of the Creator of the universe!

A friend was telling me that when we hear lies the best remedy is to replace them with truth. What lies are you believing today?

Because the truth is, you are loved, you are being perfected, you are a child of God.




2 comments:

  1. Awesome blog! Really inspiring, honest, and refreshing! You have a beautiful family too.

    ReplyDelete