Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Stories from the Playroom

K: Look at my animals. They're the animals on Noah's ark.
E. These are the people who didn't obey God, they are drowning!
I hear all kinds of things coming from the playroom throughout my day. Sometimes its sweet words shared between the siblings, sometimes its screaming, and sometimes its an opportunity to teach the children about the Lord. We don't need to sit down and have a formal lesson to learn about Jesus.

You shall therefore lay up these words of mine in your heart and in your soul, and you shall bind them as a sign on your hand, and they shall be as frontlets between your eyes. You shall teach them to your children, talking of them when you are sitting in your house, and when you are walking by the way, and when you lie down, and when you rise. You shall write them on the doorposts of your house and on your gates. Deuteronomy 11:18-20
Loving on Goosey
We can simply talk with our little ones about the wonderful things God has done and about His truths. Today, as they were playing Noah's ark we talked about how it was too late for the people who didn't believe God to be saved and get aboard the ark. Once the door was closed and the floods came it was too late. I explained that in our lives we need to believe God now and not wait until the day comes when faith shall be made sight.  That day will be too late. We talked about choosing to believe and obey God now in every day things.

The thing is, this is how we do most of our learning here. Certainly, we sit down with our preschool curriculum and do lessons, but most of the time we're all learning together as we live and work as a family. Just like I don't want to to wait to put my faith Jesus, I don't want to wait to teach my children or do fun things with them when the timing is "just right" in my eyes. Now is the time. The girls often ask me to do things, more often than I'd like to admit I answer with "someday." Eva reminded me that "someday" is today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment