The last thing I made for fun was some mozzarella and ricotta cheese a few weeks ago with my brother in law. Everything since then has been boring and necessary. I created dinner smoothies last night, but still not fun enough.
Here's the list of food things I hope to test out over the next month or two... If you try any, please let me know how it goes.
1. No knead bread. (http://www.motherearthnews.com/Real-Food/Artisan-Bread-In-Five-Minutes-A-Day.aspx)
2. Water kefir with fruit juice. (http://www.culturesforhealth.com/blog/2011/06/01/making-kefir-with-fruit-juice/)
3. Kefir cheese and probiotic potato salad. (http://gnowfglins.com/2009/07/29/probiotic-potato-salad/#)
4. Raw butter. I actually have this one started. The raw, un-homogenized milk from Family Cow is in a gallon tea jug with a spout at the bottom. I got the idea from Kristen at Food Renegade. Once the milk and cream separate we will pour the milk into a bottle, save the cream, then make butter in the blender with some salt. NOM!!
5. Sprouted spelt blueberry muffins. I plain old love blueberry muffins and sprouted spelt is my fav flour of the moment.
|From my clearance, mostly dead bush. |
Not looking so dead now, eh!?